Teaching is my passion, and conducting these workshops help me realize this dream. Helping others learn and empower them with knowledge fulfills my desire to do something great with my life. I work on the principle of collect, enhance and teach :
The first thing I would like to mention is that, I am not doing seminars, instead I am doing workshops. A seminar is where people sit and listen to the speaker with some power point presentations. But, my workshops are far removed from this theoretical approach. My workshops are based on HARD CORE practicals which are prevalant in the industry.
I do following workshops
- a) Why? —Is it really necessary to learn Linux?
- b) What? —Do you really think Linux is just an OS? The principles of Linux, open source, free software foundation, Licensing etc.
- c) How? —Linux is very simple; it just needs a genius to understand its simplicity
- d) Introduction —Introduction of RedHat/Suse/ubuntu/Mandriva/Debain/Slackware/Oracle linux/Cent OS/Fedora.
- e) Installation of Linux OS –How to install Linux OS with all the troubleshooting options.
- f) Basic Commands —Dive into Linux.
- g) Mounting —Mount anything anywhere. One of the best feature and power of Linux.
- h) Package Installation —Is it possible to install/update/remove software’s just like windows? Here we will be comparing 6 different Linux Operating Systems.
- i) Network Setup —Linux is designed for network. Assigning IP/Hostnames/Subnet to the system.
- j) Telnet Server —Configuring Telnet server.
- k) Ftp server —One of the oldest protocols.
- l) Samba Server —Connecting Linux to the windows system.
- m) Database Server –Configuring mysql database.
- n) Web Server —Willing to host my own website.
- o) Firewall —Show me something why is Linux secure.
First Day: (6 hours)
- What? Why? How?
- Foot Printing -Get the information about Server system/Applications/OS/Network etc.
- Gaining Access -Breaking passwords (XP/VISTA/SEVEN/2003/2008/LINUX(red hat/suse))
- Maintaining Access -Crash servers. (Here i will demonstrate how to crash the servers and it will be live demo)
- Stealing data
- Tracing Hackers (How cops traces the hackers?)
Second Day: (6 hours)
- Email Hacking
- Certificate system
- Encryption Decryption.
- Open SSH
- Linux Security.
- Career opportunities.
The second Day will be full of security and industry standard practical’s. During the session 19 different OS’s will be used for demonstration.
First Day: (9 Hours)
- Booting Concept.
- Why ? What ?
- Introduction to different Os’s
- Sequences of Os’s
- What is Live Media ?
- What is Bootable Media ?
- Multi-Booting Following Os’s
- Windows XP
- Sun Solaris
- Windows 2003
- Windows Seven
- Windows Eight
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6Fedora 17
- Suse Linux
Second Day: (9 Hours)
- Boot Flags
- History of Every OS
- MBR (Master Boot Record)
- UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface)
- GRUB-1 (Grand Unified Boot Loader -1)
- GRUB-2 (Grand Unified Boot Loader -2)
- Booting Windows and Macintosh together (Dual Boot)
- Installing Macintosh os on a normal hardware.
- Ancient and rare OS’s will be shown like:
- World’s first/second/third OS.
- World’s first GUI based OS.
- The first OS which used mouse.
- Server side operating systems used by yahoo, cisco etc.
- Windows every OS right from Microsoft’s establishment to till this date.
- Linux and UNIX complete history.
- An overview of Open source movement.
- How Linux boots (In depth)
- Building Wolds cheapest/Portable/smallest Computer (Cheaper than Tablets)
- An industry level booting issue.
- I will also show some of my Linux projects like ‘home automation’ using Linux.
- Open Source?
- Red Hat’s unique Business model.
- History and Future.
- Compiler construction.
- Linker/ Loader
- Tools chain
- Linux kernel construction
- Kernel Build system
- Device Drivers
- Kernel Debugging.
- Embedded systems.
- ARM processors.
- Porting Linux on ARM processor.
I will be teaching a amazing/revolutionary book named ‘The design of Unix Operating System’ by ‘Maurice J. Batch’:
- General Overview of the System.
- Introduction to the Kernel.
- The Buffer Cache.
- Internal Representation of Files.
- System Calls for the File System.
- The Structure of Processes.
- Process Control.
- Process Scheduling and Time.
- Memory Management Policies.
- The I/O Subsystem.
- Interprocess Communication.
- Multi- processor Systems.
- Distributed UNIX Systems
Workshops – more detail :
I have done almost 45+ workshops in engineering, post graduation colleges and in polytechnics. Out of these I have performed twice at university level, twice at state level and once at National Level for Engineering/MCA students. The following are some of the colleges where I have performed these sessions:
- Bharati Vidyapeeth’s college of engineering, kolhapur.
- Rajarambapu Institute of technology, Sakhrale
- Annasaheb Dange College Engineering & Technology, Ashta
- Adarsh Institute of Technology & Research Center,Vita
- Adarsh Institute of Technology (Polytechnic),Vita
- Chh. Shahu Institute of Business Education & Research, Kolhapur
- Shivaji University, Kolhapur
- DKTE Textile & Engineering Institute, Ichalkaranji
- KBP, Satara
- Bharati Vidyapeeth, Pune
- Rajashri Shahu College Of Engineering, Pune
- JSPM, Jaywant Institute of Computer Applications, Pune
- Sinhgad Institute Technology & Science, Pune
- MIT College Of Engineering, Pune
- JSPM’s Imperial college of engineering, pune
- JSPM’s Jayawantrao Sawant College of Engineering, Pune
- SSPM, College of engineering, Kankawali
- Eniac Institute of Computer Application, Pune
- College of Engineering, Pune.
- Sinhgad Institute Of Business Management(MCA), Solapur
- Satara College Of Engineering & Management LIMB, Satara.
- Shri Siddheshwar Woman’s Polytechnic, Solapur
- Sanjay Bhokare Group of Institutes
- Nagesh Karajagi Orchid College of Engineering & Technology, Solapur
- Sinhgad School Of Computer Studies(MCA), Solapur
- Satara College of Engineering Management, LIMB Satara
- SSPM’s N. B. Navale Sinhgad College of Engineering, Kegaon, Solapur
- Shri Chhatrapati Shivajiraje College Of Engineering, Pune
- Tatyasaheb Kore Institute of Engineering and Technology, Warana
- Annasaheb Dange College Of Engineering and technology, Ashta
- J. J. Magdum College Of Engineering, Jaysingpur
- SSPM’s N. B. Navale Sinhgad College of Engineering, Kegaon, Solapur
- Padmabhooshan Vasantraodada Patil Institute Of Technology, Budhgaon(Sangli)
There are more than 7000+ students who have attended my workshops through out Shivaji, Pune, Mumbai and Solapur universities.
Workshop requirements :
On the day of workshop I will be needing one LCD projector, a proper broadband internet connection and the most important thing students hunger towards ‘KNOWLEDGE’.
Also, note that in each workshop I will be conducting a separate Question/Answer session.
Yogesh’s passion for teaching is evident through his voracious speeches and the ability to storm a crowd with the “Just Do IT” attitude in it. He engulfs his audience with a clear and street-smart examples about life in relation to Linux, to spread the rich source of knowledge about open source – he has gained over ...............
The design of UNIX operating System